Tracking Your CIU Symptoms During XOLAIR Treatment
Tracking your chronic idiopathic urticaria (hives that last 6 weeks or more and have no known cause) symptoms on a daily basis could help you to tell if XOLAIR is working. Signs that XOLAIR treatment may be working for you include less itching and fewer hives. Remember that it’s important to stick with your treatment as prescribed by your doctor. Only your doctor can tell you how long you’ll need to take XOLAIR. He or she will assess from time to time if you need to continue treatment.
Here are a few things to keep in mind during XOLAIR treatment:
- You may not see improvement in your symptoms right after starting XOLAIR treatment. Remember, too, that results may vary.
- Be sure to follow your doctor’s instructions when it comes to XOLAIR. You may also want to talk to your doctor about when you might expect to see results.
- XOLAIR is not a cure.
- XOLAIR is not something you take every day. Injections must be given in a doctor’s office by a nurse or doctor every 4 weeks. Take some time to read the Medication Guide before each injection.
- Do not change or stop taking XOLAIR or any of your other hives medicines unless your doctor tells you to.
- The most important information you should know about XOLAIR is that a severe allergic reaction called anaphylaxis can happen when you receive XOLAIR. Anaphylaxis is life-threatening and can lead to death.
Using the CIU Tracker App
The CIU Tracker App lets you track how many hives you get and how itchy they are every day. The notes and photo features allows you to add extra details about your symptoms. The app automatically puts that information into a chart, so you can see changes in your CIU symptoms over time.
You can use the Tracker App to see if you are making progress on XOLAIR. Your progress results may be easier to see if you begin tracking your symptoms before starting XOLAIR, and then continue tracking during treatment.
Whether you’ve already started XOLAIR, or not, the CIU Tracker app may help you to discuss your hive symptoms with your specialist. Start recording your symptoms and tracking your XOLAIR progress by downloading the CIU Tracker App for iPhone or Android.