Allergic Asthma Discussion Guides: Tim XOLAIR (Omalizumab) Patient

What Kind of Specialist Do You Need to See?

Sometimes it’s necessary to see a specialized doctor in addition to your primary care doctor to get a more specific diagnosis of your condition. This is where an asthma specialist comes in handy.

Asthma specialists can diagnose and treat allergic asthma. And that may be helpful in getting more control of your condition. These specialists include both allergists and pulmonologists. 


A doctor who specializes in diseases of the immune system, including allergic diseases such as allergic asthma.


A doctor who specializes in disease of the lungs and breathing, including asthma.

Allergic Asthma and XOLAIR Discussion Guides

These discussion guides can help you get the conversation started with a specialist.

Allergic Asthma Discussion Guide

If you have not yet been diagnosed with allergic asthma, then the Allergic Asthma Discussion Guide may be helpful when talking to your asthma specialist.

XOLAIR Discussion Guide

If you have allergic asthma and want to discuss treatment options with your asthma specialist, then the XOLAIR Discussion Guide may be helpful to you.

Frequently Asked Questions About XOLAIR

See our FAQ page to learn more information about allergic asthma and XOLAIR before going to see an asthma specialist. 

However, if you have any questions about your health or treatment, you are encouraged to contact your healthcare provider.