Allergic Asthma Overview

Do You Know If Your Asthma Is Controlled?

Thinking your asthma is under control? Taking the Asthma Control Test™ may surprise you. It is important to recognize if your asthma is well controlled or uncontrolled. Even if your rescue inhaler stops your asthma symptoms from getting worse, using it more than 2 times a week is one of the signs that your asthma may not be under control.

Keeping your asthma properly controlled–so that you can see a noticeable decrease in your symptoms–is one of the goals of your asthma treatment.  Download the asthma control test below to know your level of control. 

Know Your Control Score

There are two quizzes that you can choose from to help identify your asthma control score.

The first is the Asthma Control Test™ (ACT™), which is a short quiz for patients 12 years of age and older. It provides a numerical score to help you and your asthma specialist determine if your asthma symptoms are well controlled.

The second is the Asthma Control Test Caregiver Report (ACT-CR™), which is specifically for caregivers of patients 6 to less than 12 years of age.

An important step to getting asthma controlled starts with knowing that it may not be controlled. These quizzes can help with that. After you have your score, be sure to share it when talking with your asthma specialist

Asthma Control Test™ (ACT™)

Take the Asthma Control Test™ (ACT™) for patients 12 years of age and older and share the results with your asthma specialist.

Asthma Control Test Caregiver Report (ACT-CR™)

If you are caring for someone between the ages of 6 and less than 12 years old who has allergic asthma, get the Asthma Control Test Caregiver Report (ACT-CR™).

Signs Your Asthma May Not Be Controlled

Any one of these signs may mean uncontrolled asthma:

  • Asthma symptoms occur more often than usual
  • Asthma symptoms are worse than they used to be
  • Asthma symptoms are more bothersome at night
  • Quick-relief inhaler is used more than 2 days a week

If you notice any of these signs, it may be time to talk to an asthma specialist. An asthma specialist, such as an allergist or a pulmonologist, has additional years of specialized education in understanding, diagnosing, and treating different types of asthma, including allergic asthma.