XOLAIR (Omalizumab) Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria (CIU) Treatment Guides and Tools

What Kind of Specialist Do You Need to See?

Sometimes it’s necessary to see a specialized doctor in addition to your primary care doctor to get a more detailed diagnosis of your condition. This is where a specialist comes in handy.

Seeing a specialist who can diagnose and treat chronic idiopathic urticarial (CIU) is a step in getting more control of your condition. These specialists include both allergists and dermatologists. The majority of CIU patients are diagnosed and treated by an allergist. However, a dermatologist may also diagnose and treat the condition as well.


A doctor who specializes in allergies and immune system diseases.


A doctor who specializes in medical conditions that affect the skin.

CIU and XOLAIR Discussion Guides

These discussion guides can help you get the conversation started with a specialist.

Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria (CIU) Discussion Guide

If you have not yet been diagnosed with CIU, then the Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria (CIU) Discussion Guide may be helpful when talking to your specialist.

XOLAIR Discussion Guide

If you have CIU and want to discuss treatment options with your specialist, then the XOLAIR Discussion Guide may be helpful to you.

Frequently Asked Questions About XOLAIR

See our FAQ page to learn more information about CIU and XOLAIR before going to see a specialist.

A Support Representative is also available to answer your questions about XOLAIR at (866)4XOLAIR (1-866-496-5247) Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM ET.

However, if you have any questions about your health or treatment, you are encouraged to contact your healthcare provider.